Leak Sensor Installation
In order to operate safely, please comply with this notice. If it is out of accord with local regulation, please install and operate according to local regulation.
1) Open the packaging box of the leak sensor, take out the sensor and its accessories.
2) Select the corresponding sensor address according to the tank number to be installed (the sensor address is on the sensor housing).
Installation of double wall tank leak sensor
* The sensor address is 1#, then the sensor must be installed in the leak detection tube of tank NO. 1.
3) Install the joint of explosion-proof flexible pipe on the flange cover (with O-ring end is connected with the flange cover), and tighten the explosion-proof pipe joint.
4) Loosen the cable fixing gland on the joint of explosion-proof flexible pipe, make the communication cable of the sensor pass through the joint of explosion-proof flexible pipe, and lead out to a length of 1.5 meters, tighten the cable fixing head, so that the communication cable cannot move up and down.
5) Before installation, first put the sensor into the bottom of the leak detection tube,then take it out to observe whether there is liquid on the surface of the sensor. If have, please clean the liquid in the detection tube before installation.
6) Install the asbestos pad, put the sensor into the detection tube, please note the cable shall have no knots, and make sure the sensor is placed at the bottom of the detection tube.
7) Connect the copper bar with the flange and flange cover, and insert and tighten the bolts one by one.
Installation of explosion-proof isolation sealed box and cable protection pipe (cable conduit)
1) Seal the cable conduit port by explosion-proof cement.
2) Pass the communication cable through the explosion-proof isolation sealed box and tighten the box.
3) Fill the explosion-proof isolation sealed box with explosion-proof cement.
4) Tighten the fasteners in turn.
Installation and connection of explosion-proof junction box and explosion-proof isolation sealed box
1) Passing the communication cable through the connector, connect one end of the connector to the explosion-proof isolation sealed box and tighten the connector.
2) Open the explosion-proof junction box cover, and pay attention to protect the explosion-proof surface. It is strictly forbidden to scratch the explosion-proof surface.
3) Pass the communication cable through the metal gasket, seal plug, and explosion-proof junction box, connect one end of the explosion-proof junction box to the connector, and tighten the explosion-proof junction box to ensure that oil and gas cannot leak through the explosion-proof junction box to the explosion-proof isolation sealed box.
Installation and connection of explosion-proof flexible pipe and flange
1) Pass the communication cable through the explosion-proof flexible pipe and lead out 300mm, tighten the explosion-proof flexible pipe to make sure the explosion-proof flexible pipe connect firmly with the joint of the explosion-proof flexible pipe that installed on the flange.
Installation and connection of explosion-proof flexible pipe and explosion-proof junction box
1) Pass the communication cable through the metal gasket and seal plug into the explosion-proof junction box.
2) Tighten the explosion-proof flexible pipe to compress the metal gasket and seal plug to prevent oil and gas from leaking to the explosion-proof junction box through the explosion-proof flexible pipe.
Sensor wiring and sealing
1) Reserve 300mm communication cable inside the junction box, then connect the sensor cable with the communication cable according the wiring definition. And seal the connection with waterproof wire nuts. Record the correspondence between the sensor cable and the Communication cable on paper.
2)Wiring definition of sensor cable:
|Power +||RS485A||RS485B||Power -|
3) Clean the shielding layer of the communication cable in the explosion-proof junction box and wrap it with insulating tape. It is strictly prohibited for the metal part of the shielding layer to contact the explosion-proof junction box, close the explosion-proof junction box cover, and tighten the explosion-proof junction box bolts.
4) Connect the grounding wire at the grounding point of the explosion-proof junction box to the grounding terminal of the fuel storage tank area, which must be reliably connected to the grounding system of the petrol station.
Wiring of SS160Plus tank gauge console
According to the recorded corresponding relationship between the sensor cable and the communication cable, correctly connect the communication cable to the corresponding terminal of the safety barrier and tighten the terminal. The wire sequence should be one-to-one correspondence, and it is strictly forbidden to short-circuit or mix wiring.
|Power +||RS485A||RS485B||Power -|
HOME > SUPPORT > Installation &Operator Guide > Leak Sensor Installation
All right reserved © Zhengzhou Windbell Measurement and Control Technology Co., Ltd